Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crying out to Jesus



The words from Third Day's song are an indication about what I have been going through the past few weeks.

And to all of the people with burdens and pains, Keeping you back from your life, You believe that there's nothing and there is no one who can make it right. There is hope for the helpless, Rest for the weary, Love for the broken heart, There is grace and forgiveness, Mercy and healing, He'll meet you wherever you are Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

In 2 Corinthians 12:7, Paul speaks of a "thorn in the flesh" that is placed there "lest I [Paul] should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations". He was in agony, wishing that God will take him home to heaven instead of suffering with this annoying and consistent piercing in his spiritual life.

This is what I have been going through the past several weeks. Spiritual attacks have been so heavy, I have literally grabbed my head in agony, praying that the thoughts will go away. The devil throws those small darts at my heart, waiting for me to give into my flesh and fall back in past eating disorder behaviors.

The purpose of me writing this is if you have experienced these same piercing darts of agony in your spiritual life, I have one answer: pray. Call on the Lord's name and rebuke the devil from attacking you. Sometimes, it won't go away so quickly, but the truth of God's word will set you free.

I would like to hear if any of you have any of these experiences. If so, please share. Sharing these experiences will encourage others and let them know that they are not alone. Thank you and have a wonderful night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen, it's Tara. I can relate. It always seems to be there waiting and enticing me to give up and take the easy way out (even though the other side of me knows it's not easy). This move to Texas has been trying in that regard. It's been harder to deflect those darts no doubt.

    Jen, you have a lot of people who love you and would do anything for you, myself included. I don't know about you, but that's comforting to me and makes those piercings easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete