Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Memory Verses For Ruby

After last night's not-so-good news of the presidential election, I was feeling bummed. I asked God to show me a promise that I can hang on to and share with others. Well, he did just that.

One verse was shown to me by my wonderful husband. That is Romans 13:1

"For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

Is that not a powerful verse written so many years ago? You see, despite popular belief there have been other national leaders that were not highly favored by the population (and even still to this day). No matter what Barack Obama (and our Democratic Congress) has in store for us, it's all under God's plan. he knows exactly what is going on. We need to PRAY for our nation for God to continue to bless us (and that we don't do anything stupid, like break our alliance with Israel.).

Another verse that was shown to me today was while I was driving in my car from work this evening. As much as I love KLove radio station, the DJs can be really, really corny but nonetheless, they do preach Jesus with no end. One of them shared this verse in 1 Samuel 16:7

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart"

I had forgotten about this story until now. This fits perfect with a key verse for the Ruby Center. The "Lord looketh on the heart". Was David perfect? Absolutely not. He commited sins that if any leader were revealed that would be the end of his career. Just think, if any woman or man were to know this truth about God...how different their body image would be. No man can judge them rightfully on the outward appearance. It's their walk with God that is eternal.

Isn't the Lord amazing? I love these verses. We can find comfort and joy in His words, so know that God's will will be performed no matter the circumstances.

With Love,

Jen


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,

    Appreciate your blog today! I agree, these verses were written thousands of years ago and how they can settle our fears and bring peace to our souls!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete