Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meeting New People

I had a super exciting weekend! Thanks to my friend, Jessie, she introduced me to this awesome, God-loving girl, Laura. She shares the same passion as I do with helping those who struggle with an eating disorder. We met for coffee and had an awesome conversation. She has a wonderful testimony--God has brought her a long way.

It's so uplifting and encouraging to meet people who share the same passions as me. I encourage everyone who reads this blog to pray for someone who shares the same desires as you do. Whether it be business, art, yoga, exercise, sewing, running...whatever, find someone to share your passions with.

I remember my friend, Megan, in high school. We were both in band together. Can you guess what we talked about all the time? Band! What geeks we were, but we were so excited to talk about trombone performance pieces, accessories, mutes, we would even get together and play etude duos. Yes, it's geeky but that motivated me to become a better musician and I had a great friend.

This was not what I thought this blog would be about, but I hope it's an encouragement to you all. Meet new people and share your passions. Have a wonderful and God-filled day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn!! It's Emily Kinch. Looking to contact you about a retreat I'm having this weekend for my disciples and wondered if you were free this Saturday?? I know it's short notice, but I just got the idea. I can explain more of what I'm doing, and how perfectly you would fit in, when we talk. My email is ekinch@kcbt.org, or cell is 816.668.4135. Thanks!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, I love this blog. It is an awesome idea!

    I miss those days in high school, I think about them often. Remember when that dice was lodged in your horn ? I found the pictures the other day when I was putting a photo album together. What a hoot!

    I miss you and think about you a lot, and wonder what you are up to in life. I just wanted to pop in and say "hey!"

    ReplyDelete