Monday, October 27, 2008

Ideas for Ruby

I was on my long run on Saturday: it was 10 miles, so I had plenty of time to think. My mind wondered off to what the Ruby Center will be like. Of course, my end goal is to have a private facility in the middle of the wilderness with hired nutritionists, doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, gym, kitchen, group rooms, residential rooms, and the cherry on top. However, I was reminded that I can't really come from nothing to this elaborate facility.
I thought about my sister and how she just got her yoga certification and wants to seek an education in wholistic nutrition. I thought of friends who want to be counselors and social workers and help women and men with eating disorders. Then it hit me.
I could get a small space in the area, but make it more like a gym than a doctors office. Members would sign up on a monthly fee to use our resources like yoga sessions, nutrition classes, group music therapy, individual therapy or social work sessions, individual nutrition planning, and the list could go on. We could even have gym machines and hire on a sports fitness associate or physical therapist to map out workout routines.
This would be less threatening than going to appointments and they wouldn't have to worry about insurance (but that could change); instead, they would pay the fee as if they were to pay for a gym membership (which most of them probably do anyway). I'm super excited, but I want to know if this is a good idea or not. There could many things I am not taking into consideration at this point.
Share with me your ideas. I want to know if this could have a chance.
Blessings,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jennifer! Follow after that dream and God will bring it to pass! Jeff Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to tell you that I thought this was so cool. It reminded me a little bit of when I was in Omaha and I had a membership at Club LaFemme (formerly New Lady Fitness). I just liked that it was all women and so it was not intimidating and all of the weight machines were designed for women. They also provided a personal trainer to set up your workout which you had initial each time you did it until it was completed and then you would get a new routine. Anyway, I always thought it would be cool for there to be other things like nutritional classes and healthy foods (like they do have at Woodside). I would think that people that really need help would feel like that was a great environment to be in. It seems like it would be easy too because all of the classes and therapy and support would be in one place (and one fee) where it is easy to get into a routine/habit of going there on a regular basis. I love that you are dreaming about this and have such a caring heart to help people. Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete